Preparation time: 45 to 50 minutes
Southern Fried Chicken is a bit different from Crispy Fried Chicken in taste as the Seasonings used in both have a hell difference. Let’s follow the easy Southern Fried Chicken Recipe instructions and present to your loved ones a new taste for dine in today.See Also: Fried Steak
Southern Fried Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken ( Cut Into Pieces ) … 2 ½ Ponds
- Self Rising Flour … 2 Cups
- Eggs … 3
- Water … 1/3 Cup
- Hot red Pepper Sauce ( Recommended: Texas Pete ) … About 1 Cup
- Self Rising Flour … 2 Cup
- Pepper … 1 tsp
- Oil ( Preferably Peanut Oil ) … for frying
- Salt … ¼ Cup
- Black Pepper … ¼ Cup
- Garlic Powder … ¼ Cup
Southern Fried Chicken Recipe Cooking Steps
- Beat eggs along with hot sauce and water till they adopt a shiny texture.
- Mix pepper into self rising flour into a separate bowl and keep aside.
- Coat chicken pieces into salt, black pepper and garlic powder; roll into egg mixture and then coat with flour mixture.
- Heat peanut oil at 350 degrees F and deep fry chicken pieces into it till golden and crunchy from all sides.