Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Seviyan or vermicelli kheer, is a traditional Indian dessert. Seviyans look like spaghetti , however the cooking process if different. The basic recipe is made with milk, seviyan and sugar, then flavored with cardamom and finally garnished with sliced almonds and pistachio. This recipe serves 6 persons.
See Also: Mango Dessert Recipe
Seviyan Indian Recipe Ingredients
- Seviyan or Vermicilli, ( Roasted and Broken ) … 1 Cup
- Milk … 7 Cups
- Sugar … 1/2 Cup
- Green cardamom Seeds, ( Ground ) … 1/8 tsp
- Nutmeg … a Pinch
- Saffron Threads … 10
- Almonds, ( Sliced ) … 2 tbsp
- Pistachios, ( Sliced ) … 1 tbsp
Seviyan Indian Recipe Cooking Steps
- Heat a pan and add the seviyan. Roast them for about 2 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add the milk and allow it to boil on high flame. Then simmer till milk is reduced to half.
- Make sure to keep stirring continuously so that the milk does not burn in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sugar, saffron, cardamom and nutmeg.
- Let it simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with pistachios and almonds.
It can be served chilled or warm.