Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Rogan Josh is one of the signature dishes of Kashmir. It is prepared with mutton/lamb meat, robust with spices like fennel seeds, all spice powder and bay leaves. The aroma itself calls for a celebration and it is dish prepared on festive occasions. The recipe below can serve 6 persons easily.
See Also: Mutton Makhni Recipe
Indian Rogan Josh Recipe Ingredients
- Mutton ( Cut into Cube Size Pieces ) … 1 kg
- Oil … 1 Cup
- Fennel Powder or Saunf Powder … 3 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder … 3 tsp
- Ginger Powder … 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder … 2 tsp
- Small Cardamom … 4
- Large Cardamom ( Ground into Powder ) … 3 tsp
- Asafoetida or Heeng Powder … 1 tsp
- Cinammon Sticks … 2
- Bay Leaf … 2
- Cloves … 2
- Yoghurt … 1 Cup
- Salt … 1 tsp
- Saffron … 1/3 tsp
Indian Rogan Josh Recipe Cooking Steps
- Add the red chili powder and saffron into the meat. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Lastly sprinkle cumin powder and cardamom powder.