Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Thai red curry chicken is a popular dish prepared in Thailand and around the world. Chicken can be substituted with seafood to vary the taste. Coconut, which grows abundantly in the South, also appears in many Thai seafood dishes. Coconut milk is used to thicken soup and curries.
See Also: Spicy Beef Salad or Yam Neua Thai Recipe
Thai Red Curry Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken Boneless, ( Cut into Cubes ) … 1/2 kg
- Brown Sugar … 1 tbsp
- Red Curry Paste … 2 tbsp
- Coconut Milk … 1 Can
- Bamboo Shoots ( Sliced ) … 1/2 Cup
- Bell Pepper ( Sliced ) … 1/2 Cup
- Fish Sauce … 2 tbsp
- Fresh Thai Basil … 1/4 Cup
Thai Red Curry Chicken Recipe Cooking Steps
- In a large pan, pour the coconut milk and let it simmer on medium heat.
- Add in the red curry paste and sugar and mix until dissolved. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss in the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook for another 5 minutes till chicken is cooked completely.
- Lastly add the basil and fish sauce.
- Serve hot with boiled/ steamed rice.