Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Pound Cake originate long ago, when they were made by our Mothers, Grandmothers and Great-Grandmothers. The name ‘Pound‘ was given to this Cake because the Original Recipes were made of equal quantities of Ingredients, that is one Pound of Butter, one pound of sugar, one pound of eggs, and one pound of flour. Pound Cakes are Rich, Moist and Buttery with a lovely golden brown crust. By using just 7 ingredients common available in your Pantry, a Delicious Pound Cake can be prepared in no time.See Also: Chocolate Fudge Cake
Pound Cake Recipe Ingredients
- Butter … 1 Pound
- Sugar … 3 Cups
- Eggs … 6
- Flour … 4 Cups
- Milk … 3/4 Cups
- Almond Essence ( Optional ) … 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence … 1 tsp
Pound Cake Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat oven to 300 C. Grease and flour a baking pan.
- Take a large bowl and beat the butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Next add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until yellow yolk disappears.
- Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Blend well after each addition.
- Finally add the vanilla essence and almond essence.
- Pour into the greased and floured baking dish and bake for 1 hour
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Awesome and Delicious Pound Cake is ready to serve.
- Enjoy on its own or with your choice of frosting.
If you like this recipe don’t forget to leave us comment below, also do share this with your friends and family using social media icons.