Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 360 minutes
Paya is the Urdu word for Goat or Mutton Trotters. Mutton Paya is one of the most popular Dish in Lahore Punjab where it is also known as Phajjay Ke Paye.See Also: Beef Trotter – Beef Paya Curry
Paya Recipe Ingredients
- Goat Paye … 6 pcs
- Salt … 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder … 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder … 1 tsp
- Onion ( Thinly Sliced ) … 1
- Oil … 1/2 Cup
- Ginger Paste … 1 tsp
- Garlic Paste … 1 tsp
- Cornflour … 2 tbsp
- Yoghurt … 1 Cup
- Garam Masala … 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder … 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies ( Slit Into Half ) … 4
- Ginger ( Sliced Lengthwise ) … 2 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander ( Chopped ) … 1 Bunch
Paya Recipe Cooking Steps
- Wash the Paya well in running water. Boil for 1 minute, then drain the water.
- Fry the onion in oil in a large pot. Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, coriander powder and salt to the paya along with 6-8 cups of water. Let it cook on slow flame for 5- 6 hours.
- Add the corn flour and yogurt. Cook for a few minutes to thicken, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Finally sprinkle the garam masala on it.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, green chillies and sliced ginger.
- Serve with naan.
[Total: 7 Average: 2.5/5]