Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Tahari is a unique combination of rice and potatoes, infused in a spicy gravy. The rice is cooked along with the potatoes in a delicious concoction. This recipe is enough to serve 2- 3 persons.
See Also: Fried Fish Recipe
Pakistani Tahari Recipe Ingredients
- Rice ( Presoaked in Water for Half an Hour ) … 1 Cup
- Potatoes … 3- 4
- Green Chilies ( Chopped ) … 2
- Onion ( Thinly Sliced ) … 1
- Oil … 4 tbsp
- Tomato ( Chopped ) … 1
- Garlic Paste … 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Paste … 1/2 tsp
- Salt … To Taste
- Tumeric Powder … 1/4 tsp
- Whole Black Peppercorns … 6
- Cumin Seeds … 1/2 tsp
- Black Cardamom … 1
- Cloves … 6
- Cinnamon Stick … 1
Pakistani Tahari Recipe Cooking Steps
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion until transparent.
- Add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilies and chopped tomato along with ½ cup of water and cook on medium flame until all the spices are infused well.
- Next add the potatoes and 1 more glass of water. Cover and cook till the potatoes are soft.
- Add in the pre soaked rice and water enough that it reaches 1 1/2 cm above the surface of the rice.
- Cover and cook on high heat until the rice is soft. Simmer and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with raita or pickle.
[Total: 2 Average: 3.5/5]