Pakistani Chicken Karahi is basically Famous by different Roadside Dhabas and mostly People love to eat this Yummy Chicken Recipe. Ladies! I have a good news for you! This Pakistani Chicken Karahi Recipe is not only Yummy in Taste, but simple as well to make at home. You are not going to make any extra effort to prepare this Recipe but it requires a usual cooking practice and includes easily available ingredients. Let’s learn how to make Pakistani Chicken Karahi at home in few easy steps.See Also: Easy Beef Karahi Gosht Pakistani
Pakistani Chicken Karahi Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken ( Cut Into 3 Inch Pieces ) … 2 lb
- Butter … 3 oz
- Cooking Oil … 6 tbsp
- Freshly Crushed Garlic … 2 tsp
- Freshly Crushed Ginger … 2 tsp
- Finely Chopped Fresh Tomatoes … 1 lb
- Salt … 1½ tsp
- Dry Coarsely Ground Coriander … 2 tsp
- Coarsely Ground Cumin … 2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper … ½ tsp
- Red Chili Flakes … 1 tsp
- All Spice … 1 tsp
- Low Fat Yoghurt … 1 Cup
- Dry Fenugreek … 2 tbsp
- Finely Sliced ( Or Grated ) Fresh Garlic … 3 tsp
- Freshly Sliced Green Coriander … 6 tbsp
- Sliced Jalapenos ( Optional ) … 3
Pakistani Chicken Karahi Recipe Cooking Steps
- In a small bowl add salt, dry coriander, cumin seeds, ground black pepper, chili flakes and all spice.
- Wash the chicken pieces in cold water and drain.
- Place the butter and oil in a non-stick pan, when butter melts add half the chicken pieces and fry on full heat until chicken turns golden brown, dish out fried chicken pieces; fry the second half of the chicken and remove.
- Next you have to add ginger, garlic into the pan and fry both for two minutes, then add tomatoes, and half of the dry spices.
- Mix well and add a cup of water, cook covered until the liquid from the mixture dry up and the oil separates.
- Add chicken and stir in yoghurt, cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining half of the dry spices, greenback and freshly sliced garlic and cook covered over low flame for more few minutes.
- Finally add sliced ginger, fresh coriander fresh jalapenos and enjoy yummy Pakistani Chicken Karahi with chapatti or Roghani Naan.
[Total: 14 Average: 3.8/5]