Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Nasi Goreng is a dish originated and served in Indonesia like an Indonesian Rice. It can be served as a main dish or as a side dish. Indonesians usually eat it for breakfast. This recipe serves 6 persons.See Also: Indonesian Fried Rice
Nasi Goreng Recipe Ingredients
- Rice ( Uncooked ) … 2 Cups
- Chicken Boneless ( Cut Into Strips ) … 1 Cup
- Eggs ( Beaten ) … 2
- Sesame Oil … 2 tsp
- Shrimps ( Peeled ) … 1/2 Cup
- Ginger … 2 tsp
- Garlic ( Chopped ) … 2 tbsp
- Shrimp Paste … 1 tbsp
- Salt … 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper ( Freshly Ground ) … 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Bean Sauce … 1 tbsp
- Oyster Sauce … 1 tbsp
- Dark Soya Sauce … 1 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil … 2 tbsp
- Onion ( Chopped ) … 1
- Cilantro Leaves ( Chopped ) … 1/2 Cup
- Spring Onion ( Chopped ) … 3 tbsp
Nasi Goreng Recipe Cooking Steps
- Boil rice in salted water until cooked. Rinse, drain and cool. Cook the rice two hours ahead, or preferably, leave overnight in the fridge.
- Combine the eggs with sesame oil and salt, and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the onions, ginger, shrimp paste, garlic, and pepper to it. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Next add the chicken and shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Then add the chilli bean sauce, oyster sauce and dark soya sauce.
- Finally, add in the egg mixture and combine.
- : Spread onto large serving platter and garnish with the spring onion and fresh cilantro.