Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 80 minutes
Mediterranean Fish Soup Recipe: This Healthy Seafood Soup is enough to serve 6 persons. It is a combination of Fish and Prawns, therefore rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Proteins. It is a complete meal for the young and old and can be served with a loaf of bread or bread sticks.See Also: Chicken Corn Soup
Mediterranean Fish Soup Recipe Ingredients
- White Fish Fillets ( Cut Into Chunks ) … 3/4 kg
- Shrimps ( Peeled And Deveined ) … 1/2 kg
- Olive Oil … 3 tbsp
- Tomato Paste … 2 tbsp
- Saffron Threads … 3 pinches
- Chicken Stock / Fish Stock … 8 Cups
- Crushed Red Pepper … 1/4 tsp
- Orange Juice … 3 tbsp
- Fennel Bulbs ( Cut Lengthwise ) … 2
- Tomatoes ( Chopped ) … 3/4 Cup
- Orange Zest … 1/4 tsp
- Onion ( Thinly Sliced ) … 1
- Celery ( Cut Diagonally ) … 2
- Garlic ( Crushed ) … 8
- Salt … To taste
- Black pepper ( Freshly Ground ) … To taste
- Fresh Parsley ( Chopped ) … 1 tbsp
Mediterranean Fish Soup Recipe Cooking Steps
- Season the fish fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat. Next add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook until tender for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste, saffron, stock, crushed red pepper, orange juice, and orange zest and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 45 minutes till liquid is reduced to half.
- Next add the fennel and tomatoes and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the marinated fish, shrimp, and parsley to the soup and allow it to cook. Stir only once or twice, until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve in individual bowls with crispy croutons. Enjoy it steaming hot.