Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Matar kheema is a Popular Combination of Peas and Ground Beef, prepared in a Spicy Gravy. It is usually Eaten with Naan or Chapatti but can also be enjoyed with Steamed Rice. The Recipe below serves 4 persons easily.See Also: Matar Paneer
Matar Kheema Recipe Ingredients
- Minced Beef … 1/2 kg
- Peas … 250 gms
- Onions ( Finely Sliced ) … 1
- Tomatoes ( Chopped ) … 2
- Oil … 1/4 Cup
- Whole Black Pepper … 6
- Cloves … 6
- Black Cardamom … 1
- Cumin Seeds … 1.4 tsp
- Coriander Powder … 1 tsp
- Salt … 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder … 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder … 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste … 1 tsp
- Garlic Paste … 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder … 1/2 tsp
Matar Kheema Recipe Cooking Steps
- Heat oil in a pot and and sauté onions in it until light brown.
- Gradually add the cloves, cardamom, whole black pepper, cumin seeds, ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander powder, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder one by one.
- Next toss in the chopped tomatoes and cook on medium heat till water is almost dried.
- Add the minced meat and mix well.
- Add 2 glasses of water. Cover and cook till meat is tenderized and the water dries.
- Add the peas and cook on slow heat till it is soft for another 5 minutes.
- Lastly , sprinkle the garam masala powder.
- Garnish with fresh green coriander leaves, green chilies, ginger slices and lemon juice. Serve with naan.