Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Another delicious recipe of rice is here that is known as Masoor Pulao. Rice is most favorite food of almost everybody here in Pakistan and in other parts of the world as well. Masoor pulao has specialty of taste and it also gives your taste buds a different flavor.
See Also: Delicious Arabian Kabsa Rice
Masoor Pulao Recipe Ingredients
- Rice … 1 kg
- Masoor … 1/4 kg
- Onions … 3
- Tomatoes … 3
- Green Chili … Few
- Cumin Seeds … 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder … 1/4 tsp
- Cloves … 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper (Not Powder) … 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon … 1 pc
- Garlic Paste … 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste … 1 tsp
- Salt … To Taste
- Oil … 3 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder … 1 tbsp
Masoor Pulao Recipe Cooking Steps
- Before starting the cooking process of Masoor Pulao we wash masoor with water but with full attention to remove all the dust and other particles.
- Take a deep pan and add water in it to boil the masoor. Bring a boil to water then add a pinch of salt and masoor in it. Cook it until its tendered to its 1/3. Once boiling is done, drain extra water and keep it in a bowl.
- Take another pan, put in oil and heat it on normal flame. Then add chopped or sliced onions in the pan and fry them.
- After that add all the ingredients except rice and masoor. Cook these ingredients for 1 minute then put in ½ cup water and cover the pan with its lid.
- Now, wait for 2 minutes and after that add water double to the amount of rice and masoor. Bring a boil to that water and put in rice along with masoor.
- Once again cover the pan and wait until water gets dry then lower down the flame. Cover the pan tightly and wait for more 5 minutes. You delicious masoor pulao is ready to serve and the best option to serve with is green chatni.