Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Masala aloo or Red aloo gets its name from the Whole Red Chillies used in its preparation. The red Color released from the Spices gives a fiery Red Color to the Potatoes, giving it appetizing look. These Potatoes can be served at tea time as well as a side dish at Dinner Parties.See Also: Spicy Aloo Karahi
Masala Aloo Or Red Aloo Recipe Ingredients
- Potatoes ( boiled And cubed ) … 1/2 kg
- Cumin Seeds … 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves … 7 – 8
- Onions ( chopped ) … 1/2 Cup
- Garlic Paste … 1 tsp
- Long Whole Red Chillies ( Presoaked ) … 5
- Tamarind Paste … 1/2 Cup
- Salt … 1 tsp
- Turmeric … 1/2 tsp
- Fresh Green Coriander ( chopped ) … 1/4 Cup
- Oil … 1/4 Cup
Masala Aloo Or Red Aloo Recipe Cooking Steps
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Allow to splutter.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- Next add the garlic paste and sauté well till aroma releases.
- Make a paste of the presoaked whole red chillies along with a little water.
- Add the chilli paste, tamarind paste, salt, turmeric and boiled potatoes and toss to coat well.
- Finally garnish with green coriander and serve.