Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Mandi Chicken Recipe is one of the Famous Yemeni Dishes. It is Very Delicious, And Readily available at many Restaurants. This Recipe can serve upto 5 persosn.See Also: Chicken Jalfrezi
Mandi Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken Pieces … 1 kg
- Rice … 2 Cups
- Onions ( Sliced ) … 2
- Ghee … 1 tbsp
- Garlic ( Minced ) … 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice … 1/2 Cup
- Black Pepper … 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Peppers … 1/2 tsp
- Cardamoms … 5
- Cloves … 5
- Cinammon Sticks … 3
- Saffron … 1 tsp
- Salt … To taste
Mandi Chicken Recipe Cooking Steps
- Marinate chicken with minced garlic, lemon juice, black pepper, chili pepper and salt in a bowl. Leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Wash the rice, and soak in water for 10 minutes. Then drain and put in a saucepan.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the onion in it until golden in color.
- Add to it the drained rice, and mix for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Place the rice and onion mixture in an oven tray. Add 2 cups of water, salt, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and saffron.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil, and pierce the foil in several places with a knife. Place the chicken pieces on top of the pierced places of the foil. Cover it with another layer of aluminum foil. Seal it tightly from all sides.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven and bake at 150 degrees Celsius, for 1 ½ hours until the chicken and rice are done.
- Arrange the rice in a serving dish with the chicken pieces on top of it.
- Enjoy hot with yoghurt.
[Total: 4 Average: 3.5/5]