Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Kungpao Chicken is a Spicy Chicken Tossed with Peanuts. Serve Hot with Chicken, Vegetable or Egg Fried Rice. It is easy to make and can serve 4 persons easily.See Also: Chicken And Basil Calzones
Kungpao Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken Chunks … 1/2 kg
- Soya Sauce … 2 tbsp
- Sesame Oil … 2 tbsp
- Cornflour ( Dissolved In 2 tbsp Water ) … 2 tbsp
- Chilli Paste … 1 tbsp
- White Vinegar … 1 tsp
- Brown Sugar … 2 tbsp
- Green Onions ( Sliced ) … 4
- Garlic ( Chopped ) … 1 tbsp
- Peanuts … 1 Cup
Kungpao Chicken Recipe Cooking Steps
- To make marinade, combine 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp cornflour/water mixture in a bowl. Mix together along with with the chicken chunks. Toss to coat well. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Next make sauce. In another small bowl combine the remaining soya sauce, remaining oil, cornflour and water mixture, chili paste, vinegar and sugar. Mix together and add green onion, garlic, water chestnuts and peanuts.
- Now in a medium skillet, heat sauce slowly until aromatic.
- Now remove chicken from marinade and saute in another skillet until meat is white.
- Once sauce is aromatic, add the sauteed chicken and let it simmer together until sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with chicken, vegetable or egg fried rice.