Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Who said only savory items can be barbecued? These refreshing fruit kebabs on skewers are the ultimate summer dessert. You can place these on your grill to cook while you are enjoying your burgers or steaks. They are ready in no time and are the perfect grilled dessert recipe. The recipe below makes 12 kebabs enough for 6 persons.
See Also: Sauteed Broccoli Rabe Recipe
Grilled Fruit Skewers Kebabs Recipe Ingredients
- Peaches ( Pitted and Cut into Cubes ) … 3
- Plums ( Pitted and Cut into Cubes ) … 3
- Strawberries ( Hulled ) … 12
- Bananas ( Cut into 4 Pieces Each ) … 3
- Honey … 1/4 Cup
- Margarine … 1/2 Cup
- Skewers … 12
Grilled Fruit Skewers Kebabs Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat a grill on medium heat. Keep a large sheet of foil on it.
- Melt the margarine and honey in a small pan over slow flame, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Take care the sauce does not boil.
- Pierce a peach cube, plum cube, banana piece, and a strawberry on each skewer.
- Alternatively, place the skewers on the foil and pour a dollop of the margarine-honey mixture over each skewer.
- Grill till the fruit is soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Now flip the skewers and again add a dollop of the margarine-honey sauce over it. Grill for another 5 minutes.
- Can be served with vanilla ice-cream too.
- Delicious Grilled fruit kebabs are ready to eat.