Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Empanadas can be Eaten for Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner. They can be served as Appetizers or snacks, but they can also easily make a full and satisfying Meal. The unbaked dough as well as the baked Cookies may be frozen.See Also: Chicken Wings Sauce
Empanadas Recipe Ingredients
- Flour … 1 Cup
- Butter … 1/2 Cup
- Cream Cheese … 3 oz
- Fruit Preserves … 1 Cup
- White Sugar … 1/3 Cup
- Cinnamon … 1 tsp
Empanadas Recipe Cooking Steps
- Mix butter and cream cheese together until smoothly blended.
- Beat in the flour and shape dough into a ball. Wrap the ball in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from refrigerator 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll the dough thinly. Cut with 3 or 4 inch round cookie cutter. Place a spoonful of jam in center of each round. Moisten edges with water, fold and press edges together.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 15 – 20 minutes. Immediately roll in sugar mixed with cinnamon.
- Enjoy hot.