Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Dark Chocolate And Orange Cake: This Dense, Dark and Devilishly Delicious Chocolate cake is a treat for Chocolate Lovers. The Orange Flavor adds a sharp but Delightful taste to the Dark Chocolate. This Cake serves 10 persons easily and will be gone before you know it.See Also: Chocolate Fudge Cake
Dark Chocolate And Orange Cake Recipe Ingredients
- Plain Chocolate … 100 gms
- Cocoa Powder … 25 gms
- Flour … 250 gms
- Eggs … 3
- Castor Sugar … 280 gms
- Oil … 240 ml
- Baking Powder … 1 1/2 tsp
- Orange ( Pureed ) … 1
- Orange Peel … To Decorate
Ingredients for ganache
- Chocolate ( Broken ) … 200 gms
- Cream … 225 ml
Dark Chocolate And Orange Cake Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl by setting over a pan of simmering water. Let it cool.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs, sugar and oil.
- Gradually pour in the pureed orange and then the cooled melted chocolate.
- Sift the cocoa, flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Mix well and add to the above mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin. Bake 55 minutes. Then allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin and turn out on to a wire rack.
- To make the chocolate ganache, put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Allow the cream to the boil and pour over the chocolate. Leave it for 2 minutes and stir until smooth. Set aside until firm enough to spread over the cake for almost 1½ hours.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate. Swirl the ganache over the top using a knife. Decorate with strips of orange peel.