Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Dabba Gosht gets its name from the way it is cooked and served. It is first cooked on a Stove in a Pan, but later on moved to a round steel container, baked in the oven. This Recipe is good to serve around 2-4 persons.See Also: Beef And Broccoli
Dabba Gosht Recipe Ingredients
- Undercut Beef ( cut Into Small Pieces ) … 1/2 kg
- Tomatoes ( Sliced ) … 2
- Onions ( Chopped ) … 2
- Oil … 1/4 Cup
- Green Chillies ( Ground ) … 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves ( Ground ) … 1 tbsp
- Ginger Paste … 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic Paste … 1/2 tbsp
- Salt … 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder … 1 tsp
- Turmeric … 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice … 2 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds ( Crushed ) … 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds ( Crushed And Roasted ) … 1 tsp
- Cashew Nuts ( Ground Into Powder ) … 25
- Ketchup … 1/4 Cup
- Flour … 1 tbsp
- Cream … 1/4 Cup
- Fresh Coriander Leaves ( Chopped ) … 2 tbsp
- Green Chillies ( Chopped ) … 4
- Boiled Eggs … 2
- Raw Eggs ( Beaten ) … 2
Dabba Gosht Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion, ground green chilies, ground coriander leaves, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, lemon juice, turmeric powder, cumin, coriander and undercut beef. Fry well.
- Add 1 cup water. Cover and cook till meat is tender.
- Add the ground cashew nut, ketchup, flour and cream. Cook till mixture is thick and saucy.
- In a round steel container first spread the meat mixture. Top it with hard boiled eggs followed by sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves and chopped green chilies. Lastly pour the beaten eggs on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy hot.
[Total: 5 Average: 3.4/5]