Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
This Coffee Cake is easy to make yet fabulous in taste. The Cake itself is Moist and Delicious while the topping is crunchy and sweet. The rich crumble topping tastes great as a morning treat as well as an afternoon snack.This delightful combination is a sure treat for sweet lovers and a perfect accompaniment to Coffee or Tea.
See Also: Milk Cake
Coffee Cake Recipe Ingredients
- Flour … 1 1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder … 1 1/2 tsp
- Sugar … 6 tbsp
- Salt … 1/2 tsp
- Shortening … 1/3 Cup
- Egg … 1
- Milk … 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla Essence … 1/2 tsp
- Butter … 2 tbsp
Ingredients For Topping
- Brown Sugar … 1/2 Cup
- Flour … 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon ( Ground ) … 1/2 tsp
Coffee Cake Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease and flour a square baking pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the egg along with the milk and vanilla essence.
- Now pour the egg-milk mixture to the flour mixtures stirring carefully until just blended.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and spread evenly. Drizzle top with melted butter.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Enjoy hot.