Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Cinnamon Coffee Cake: Old-fashioned Streusel-Topped Coffee Cake is always a Coffee lovers Delight. It has a pleasing Vanilla flavor that is enriched with Sour Cream. Makes 16- 20 servings.See Also: Chocolate Cream Ganache Cake
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe Ingredients
- Butter … 1 Cup
- Vanilla Essence … 2 tsp
- Sugar … 2 3/4 Cups
- Salt … 1 tsp
- Baking Soda … 1 tsp
- Eggs … 4
- Flour … 3 Cups
- Sour Cream … 2 Cups
- Cinnamon … 2 tbsp
- Walnuts ( Chopped ) … 1/2 Cup
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 2 cups sugar well until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.Also add in the vanilla essence.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and add alternately with sour cream to the above batter. Beat enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Pour one third of the batter into a greased baking dish.
- Now combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar together and sprinkle over batter in the dish. Repeat layers two more times.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. Then cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.