Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Chocolate Mint Bars is a dense base layer of rich, fudge Brownie topped with a Mint Layer and a Glaze. Refrigerating the Mint Bars allows the Chocolaty top layer to set properly so remember to make the Dessert one day ahead. This Recipe serves 20 persons.See Also: Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate Mint Bars Recipe Ingredients
- Flour … 1 Cup
- Salt … 1/2 tsp
- Sugar … 1 Cup
- Egg Substitute … 1/2 Cup
- Butter ( Melted ) … 1/4 Cup
- Water … 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence … 1 tsp
- Eggs … 2
- Chocolate Syrup … 1 Can
Ingredients For Mint Layer
Ingredients For Glaze
Chocolate Mint Bars Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare bottom layer. Combine flour and salt and stir.
- In a separate bowl, add the granulated sugar, egg substitute, butter, water, vanilla, eggs, and chocolate syrup in a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, stirring until blended.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Next prepare the mint layer. Combine powdered sugar, ¼ cup melted butter, mint, peppermint extract and green food coloring in a bowl. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Spread the mint mixture over the cooled cake.
- Finally prepare glaze. Combine chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons butter in a bowl. Microwave until melted for around 1 minute. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over top.
- Cover and refrigerate. Cut into pieces.