Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Chicken tikka is an all time favorite BBQ meal. It is marinated for a few hours, then cooked over red hot coal and taken to picnics and outdoor gathering. It is usually served with hot tandoor roti or parathas. This recipe can serve 2 persons.
See Also: Malai Tikka Boti ecipe
Chicken Tikka Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken ( Cut into 2 Large Tikka Pieces ) … 1/2 kg
- Ginger Garlic Paste … 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder … 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds ( Roasted and Ground into Fine Powder ) … 2 tsp
- Chaat Masala … 2 tsp
- Vinegar … 1/3 Cup
- Oil … 1/2 Cup
Chicken Tikka Recipe Cooking Steps
- Prepare marinade by mixing chaat masala, vinegar, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, cumin powder and oil and form a paste.
- Make cuts on chicken pieces, and marinate chicken with the above mixture.
- Keep it aside for 4-5 hours. For best results keep overnight.
- Put the marinated chicken on a barbeque grill and cook flipping sides alternatively.
Serve with tomato, salad leaves, onion and hot tandoor roti.