Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe is a Japanese Dish served as a Main Course at Dinners or Lunches. Succulent pieces of Chicken Breast are baked with a coating of panko breadcrumbs and served with a rich curry sauce and sticky white rice. It is usually garnished with mixed leaves and red pickles. This Recipe serves 4 persons easily.See Also: Spicy Tomato Chicken Or Ayam Masak Merah
Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe Ingredients
- Boneless Chicken Breasts ( Pounded ) … 4
- Salt … To taste
- Black Pepper ( Freshly Ground ) … To taste
- Panko Crumbs … 1 Cup
- Egg … 1
- All Purpose Flour … 2 tbsp
- Oil … 1 tbsp
Ingredients For Curry
- Honey … 2 tbsp
- Soya Sauce … 1 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves ( Crushed ) … 2
- Tomato Ketchup … 4 tbsp
- Cornflour … 2 tbsp
- Water … 500 ml
Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- First marinate the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper. Keep aside for 10 minutes. First coat the chicken breasts in flour, then dip into the egg and then firmly press into the panko crumbs till coated on both sides.
- Place the chicken out on a greased baking tray and cook for 15-20 mins. Take out and slice into strips.
- Prepare curry by cooking the honey, soya sauce, cornflour, garlic cloves, tomato ketchup and water in a pan. Stir until it boils and thickens. Let it simmer for 5 mins.
- Spoon some sauce onto the serving dish and place the sliced chicken breasts on top. Serve with rice and soya beans.