Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe is an interesting Mexican Recipe made using Tortillas, cheese and Meat. This recipe is a slightly mild and modified version keeping in mind the subtle tastes of children. It makes 8 servings easily.
See Also: Chicken Malai Kebabs
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe for Kids Ingredients
- Chicken Breasts ( Cut Into Cubes ) … 4
- Oil … 1 tbsp
- Sour Cream … 1/2 Cup
- Onion ( Chopped ) … 1
- Cheddar Cheese ( Shredded ) … 1 cup
- Parsley … 1 tbsp
- Oregano … 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper ( Freshly Ground ) … 1/2 tsp
- Salt … 1 tsp
- Water … 1 cup
- Tomato Sauce … 1 Can
- Red Chilli Powder … 1 tbsp
- Garlic Clove ( minced ) … 1
- Green Bell Pepper ( Chopped ) … 1/3 Cup
- Tortillas … 8
- Taco Sauce … 1 Cup
- Cheddar Cheese ( Shredded ( For topping ) … 3/4 cup
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe for Kids Cooking Steps
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Next add in the onion, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano and ground black pepper.
- Heat only until the cheese melts.
- Lastly stir in the salt, tomato sauce, water, red chili powder, green bell peppers and garlic. Close stove.
- Roll the chicken mixture evenly in the tortillas.
- Arrange in a baking dish and cover with the taco sauce. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving. Delicious Chicken enchiladas are ready to eat.