Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Chicken And Basil Calzones Recipe: Calzones are a wonderful Snack and Lunch Box Recipe. They can be prepared in different ways with many diverse fillings. Ground Chicken can be used in these easy calzones along with refrigerated Pizza Dough and prepared Pizza Sauce. This Recipe makes 4 servings.See Also: Chicken Jalfrezi
Chicken And Basil Calzones Recipe Ingredients
- Ground Chicken Breast … 1/2 kg
- Garlic Cloves ( Minced ) … 2
- Pizza Sauce … 3/4 Cup
- Crushed Red Pepper … 1/2 tsp
- FResh Basil ( Chopped ) … 1/4 Cup
- Pizza Crust Dough ( Refrigerated ) … 14 oz
- Mozarella Cheese … 1/2 Cup
Chicken And Basil Calzones Recipe Cooking Steps
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and chicken to pan and sauté for 5 minutes till chicken changes color.
- Add the pizza sauce and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Toss in basil and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Unroll dough onto a greased baking sheet and cut into quarters. Divide the chicken mixture evenly among the quarters and top with cheese. Fold each quarter by placing the dough half over the filling and pinch edges to seal completely. Repeat for all calzones. Bake for 12 minutes until golden.