Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
This Carrot Cake is not only Simple and Moist, but also Yummy. It can be topped with Orange Frosting as well as Cream Cheese Frosting. Nothing beats a fabulous oven hot classic Carrot Cake – and this one has a touch of Cinnamon and Raisins.This Cake can easily serve 15 slices.See Also: Coconut Cake
Carrot Cake Recipe Ingredients
- Oil … 175 ml
- Sugar … 175 gms
- Eggs … 3
- Carrots ( Grated ) … 3
- Raisins … 100 gms
- Flour … 175 gms
- Soda Bicarbonate … 1 tsp
- Cinnamon ( Ground ) … 1 tsp
- Nutmeg ( grated ) … 1/2 tsp
- Zest Of Orange ( Grated ) … 1
Ingredients For Frosting
- Icing Sugar … 175 gms
- Orange Juice … 2 tbsp
Carrot Cake Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a square cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the oil and add the eggs and sugar. Mix gently with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the grated carrots, raisins and orange rind.
- Mix the flour, soda bicarbonate and spices in another bowl.
- Add it to the egg mixture and lightly mix all the ingredients till the mixture is fairly soft and incorporated well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40- 45 minutes.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn it out, peel off the paper and cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare frosting by beating together the icing sugar and orange juice until smooth.
- Place the cake on a serving plate and drizzle the icing back and forth in diagonal lines over the top, letting it drip down the sides.
- Serve with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy the delicious carrot cake hot or cold.