Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Bun Kebab Recipe, a Spicy Snack, are a Typical Street Food available in many cities of Pakistan Especially Karachi. There are many Regional Variations to this street food favourite, one of which is the addition of a Fried Egg or an Omelette.
See Also: Beef Kebabs With Mojo Sauce
Bun Kebab Recipe Ingredients
- Lamb Mince … 1/2 kg
- Ghee … 3 tbsp
- Onions ( Chopped ) … 1
- Gram Flour Lentils ( Presoaked And Drained ) … 1/2 Cup
- Garlic Cloves ( Chopped ) … 2
- Green Chilli ( Chopped ) … 1
- Ginger ( Grated ) … 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds … 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon ( Ground ) … 1/2 tsp
- Salt … To taste
- Black Pepper … To taste
- Egg, Lightly Beaten … 1
- Buns … 4
- Tamarind Chutney … To Serve
- Tomatoes ( Thinly Sliced ) … To Serve
- Cucumber ( Thinly Sliced ) … To serve
- Onion Rings … To Serve
- Fried Eggs … To Serve
Bun Kebab Recipe Cooking Steps
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place the cooked onions, lamb, lentils, green chilli, garlic, cumin, grated ginger and cinnamon in a food processor and blend well.
- Season with salt and pepper and process mixture to a paste.
- Add the egg to combine.
- Using your hands, shape into 4 patties and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a frying pan over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- Wipe pan and add the remaining ghee to it. Cook the buns for 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Spread bun bases with tamarind chutney, top with patties, tomato, cucumber, onion and fried eggs. Close with bun tops.
- Serve immediately.