Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Brain Masala or Maghaz Masala is a unique Recipe prepared from Cow Brain or Goat Brain. In-case if you are using Goat Brain, increase the brains to 4 from 1, since they are smaller and lesser in quantity. This Recipe serves 2-3 persons.See Also: Hara Masala Biryani
Brain Masala Recipe Ingredients
- Cow brain … 1
- Turmeric Powder … 1/2 tsp
- Salt … 3/4 tsp
- Onion ( Sliced ) … 1
- Oil … 3 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder … 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Paste … 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Paste … 1/2 tsp
- Yoghurt … 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala … 1/2 tsp
- Fresh Green Coriander ( Chopped ) … 4 tbsp
Brain Masala Recipe Cooking Steps
- Boil the Brain with ½ tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of Turmeric powder. Drain, clean, de-vein and cut into rough pieces.
- Heat oil in a pot and toss in the onion. Saute till light brown.
- Add the remaining salt, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste and yogurt. Mix well.
- Add the brain pieces. Cover and cook on medium heat till it is cooked and the oil rises above the spices.
- Finally sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and ginger.
- Serve hot with naan.