Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Bengan Ka Bhurta is an integral part of a traditional Punjabi Menu. It is a Healthy food since Eggplant is the main Ingredient. Eggplant is low in fat and sodium and high in Dietary Fibre. Vitamins C and B6 Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium. This recipe serves 3-4 persons.See Also: Aloo Ka bhurta
Bengan Ka Bhurta Recipe Ingredients
- Eggplant … 1
- Cumin Seeds … 1 tsp
- Turmeric Paste … 2 tbsp
- Spring Onions ( Chopped Finely ) … 2
- Salt … To taste
- Red Chilli Powder … 1/2 tsp
- Oil … 4 tbsp
- Turmeric … 1/4 tsp
- Yoghurt … 4 tbsp
- Green Chillies ( Chpped Finely ) … 2- 3
- Mint Leaves ( Chopped ) … 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice … 1 tbsp
Bengan Ka Bhurta Recipe Cooking Steps
- Roast the eggplant in hot oven till the skin gets slightly burnt and shriveled.
- Place the eggplant in a bowl of water and remove the skin carefully. Mash it up.
- Add all the ingredients to the eggplant pulp and cook on medium flame till the water has dried up.
- It will take the shape of a ball and will turn light brown.
- It can be served with rice, chapati or as a salad when cooled.
[Total: 4 Average: 2.5/5]