Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
These Barbecued Ribs are delicious and juicy. Both mutton and beef ribs can be used. However fro this recipe we have used mutton ribs which have a shorter cooking time. The ribs must be cut in half lengthwise for appetizer-size portions. This recipe can easily make 8 servings.
See Also: Chicken Malai Boti
Barbecued Ribs Recipe Ingredients
- Mutton Ribs ( Fat Trimmed and Cut in Half Lengthwise ) … 1 kg
- Garlic Powder … 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds ( Roasted and Ground ) … 2 tsp
- Oregano ( Dried ) … 2 tsp
- Thyme ( Dried ) … 2 tsp
- Mustard Paste … 1 tsp
- Salt … 1 tsp
- Black Pepper … 1/2 tsp
- Cloves ( Ground ) … A Pinch
- Lime ( Cut into Wedges ) … 2
Barbecued Ribs Recipe Cooking Steps
- Mix the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, oregano, thyme, mustard paste, salt, pepper and ground cloves in a bowl to make a paste.
- Rub the ribs thoroughly with the spice mixture. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the barbeque grill and place the ribs on top. Turn sides after 15 minutes or until meat is browned. Cook till both sides are tender when pierced for at-least 30 minutes.
- Place the ribs in a dish and cut apart between bones.
- Garnish with lime wedges.