Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Balti Gosht is a Traditional Meat Based Curry served with Hot Naan or Tandoor. It is prepared i a Delicious and Spicy Tomato Sauce to give it a Tangy Flavor and Thick Texture. This Recipe serves 4- 6 persons.See Also: Sindhi Gosht Beef
Balti Gosht Recipe Ingredients
- Beef Cubes … 1/2 kg
- Ghee … 2 tbsp
- Onions ( Chopped ) … 1
- Garlic Cloves ( Chopped ) … 2
- Bell Peppers ( Chopped ) … 2
- Fresh Coriander ( Chopped ) … To garnish
Ingredients To Make Balti Sauce
Balti Gosht Recipe Cooking Steps
- First make the Balti sauce. Heat ghee in a karahi or wok over medium high heat. Add the onions and ginger garlic paste. Stir fry for 5 minutes until the onions are golden brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes with their juices.
- Next add the paprika, turmeric powder, cumin, coriander, red chilli powder, cardamom, bay leaf, salt and black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool slightly, then remove the bay leaf and pour the mixture into a food processor, blender to make a smooth sauce.
- Again put the karahi on a medium high heat. Heat the ghee it it.
- Add the onions and garlic and stir fry for 5-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the red bell peppers and continue stir-frying for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beef and fry until it starts to turn brown.
- Add the balti sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes till the sauce slightly reduces and the bell pepper is tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
[Total: 8 Average: 3.9/5]