Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For Those of you who are Health Conscious and Avoiding Greasy and Oily Food at Iftari, this is the Perfect Recipe. The Samosas are prepared in the same way as the Fried ones, but placed in the oven to bake. The filling can vary according to individual taste and preferences.
See Also: Mixed Vegetable Samosa
Baked Samosas Recipe Ingredients
- Potato … 1
- Samosa Strips … 18
- Chicken Breasts … 3 oz
- Lime Juice … 1 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds … 1 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes … 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves … 1/4 Cup
- Cumin Seeds … 1/2 tsp
- Bayleaves … 2
- Peppercorns … 1/2 tsp
- Salt … To taste
- Black Pepper … To taste
- Egg … 1
Baked Samosas Recipe Cooking Steps
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Now begin by preparing the filling. In a small saucepan, add the potato and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer until tender.
- Meanwhile in another saucepan, boil 4 cups water with a pinch of salt, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, peppercorns, chili flakes and chicken breast. Simmer until cooked.
- Mash the potatoes and finely shred the chicken. Put both into a large bowl.
- Combine with lime juice, remaining coriander seeds, cumin, fresh coriander leaves, salt and pepper.
- Mix with a spoon, until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Place the filling in the samosa patti and fold. Seal with egg wash.
- Arrange the samosas on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush the tops of the samosas with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tamarind chutney.